Skip to main content

Aging Gorgeously

 Hello!!! Welcome, June!

This is the first post for the month...and I'm excited to share.  This past weekend, several of my dearest friends assisted me with organizing the disaster area the was/is my craft room and I'm proud of where we are in the process...my garage and car may not love me for a while (that's where all the overflow stuff is and the car isn't) but it had to be done.  But I took some time to play in the craft room yesterday.  

Over on the Splitcoast Stampers page, the technique challenge was the Eclipse technique.  The technique involves die-cutting a word into a card panel...usually, either Designer Series Paper (DSP)/patterned paper or an art panel that you've created...like I've done in this instance, and then using dimensionals, adding the die-cut word back into the panel to achieve the desired effect.
Now, I've done this before but didn't think I'd do it again...simply because, as I've mentioned numerous times, I'm challenged with alignment. I can't draw a straight line...even with a ruler. Enter the Brother Scan n Cut...this amazing tool has been collecting dust (kinda) as I didn't have a place earmarked to be able to use it properly...now I do (thanks to the big clean). 

Side view of the card
I used the floral image from a set from Unity Stamp Company (...Aging Gorgeously) and stamped it twice on a Basic White panel.  After coloring the images using the Stampin' Blends, I then completed the panel by ink blending in the same colors I used.  Next, I was off to the scan n cut to die-cut the word "FRIEND". After putting the letters back into the panel, I added wink of Stella (because I LOVE bling), stamped the sentiment "Hello" from the Simon Says Stamp set "Front Porch Family" to finish out the card before adding it to the basic white card panel. Here's a side view of the card. 

Are you signed up to receive the newsletter?  Off to the right you'll see the "Newsletter" heading where you can subscribe to receive updates.  Check out the What's Happening newsletter to see what's going on so far in June.  

Happy Stampin'





Comments

  1. Caron, how did you die-cut the word in the scan-and-cut? Did you load the DSP into the machine? If so, how did you cut the letters into it? I admit thar I haven't been able to play with my machine alot either. lol It's a wonderful technique though and you card is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and yes! Once I turned on the unit, I selected pattern and then letters, chose the font I wanted to use, typed the word, then sized it accordingly. I loaded the background paper I created on the mat then scanned it in as a background into the machine. Positioned the word on the paper then hit cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a tour/pictures of your reorganized craft room...I would love to see it. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside Shapes - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

  Hello everyone, and welcome back! It's the third Saturday of the month...time for another Blog Hop!  Thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators worldwide who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from  Mickey Moore - "2 Moore Stampers's " blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Our theme this month is all about shapes...circles, squares, rectangles, animal shapes...whatever that means to you.  I chose to use a hexagon shape for my quick and easy project.  I hope you enjoy this card and that you will try to make one or two for yourselve

Delicate Dessert - A Stamping with Friends Bloghop

  Hello, everyone, welcome to April...the month of Easter and Springtime... and thank you for joining us!   If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the world who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over from  Krissi Hannahn- Stamp with Krissi's  blog.  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it just as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! One of my favorite retiring suite of products is the Delicate Desert Suite and I've chosen it as one of my featured sets for the month of April.  Here are some of the projects that I've created with it:   This card I made this for a sketch card swap  This card I made for my Monthly YouTube Hop Blog Hop Index

So Very Merry - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome back... and thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators, from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Kelly Taranto - "The Late Night Stamper's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! On July 6, Stampin' Up! released the newest round of Online Exclusive products. What are Online Exclusives you may ask? These are a category of products you will not be able to find in any Stampin' Up! catalog...and let me tell you, sometimes, these products are snapped up within day...(wink, wink.