Skip to main content

CAS the Catty - Perched in A Tree


Are you enjoying my weekly CAS the Catty videos on YouTube?  I know I am! I had so much fun last night CASing the Stampin' Up! July - December 2022 Mini Catalog...I had been wanting to play with this set for a while...and I think the results were amazing!  I took some poetic licenses but pretty much stuck to the cards created by the artists.

This was the first card we made ( I actually made a second one). 

Measurements:
Base: standard A2 (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") scored at 4 1/4"
Panel: 4" x 5 1/4"
Basic white panel (inside): 4" x 5 1/4", and scrap for sentiment
Watercolor paper (6" x 6") should be enough to stamp and die-cut the images.

Emboss the panel using the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder
Watercolor the bird and the branch
For the leaves, on a scrap of watercolor paper; use the watercolor wash technique to apply colors; then die-cut with the leafy die.
Stamp and punch the sentiment, then use a sponge dauber or blending brush to apply color around the edges. 
Now assemble the card and add embellishments.



This one was loads of fun! LOL, there were soooo many "errors" that I had to, in the football vernacular, "punt". 

First, mistake...I die-cut the trees on an angle...decided to use it anyway...I love how it turned out. Of course, I forgot to add double-sided adhesive before I die-cut.  Then I cut the piece of Soft Seafoam a little too short then had to adjust there too.  So I added the double-sided adhesive to the Soft Seafoam panel and prayed that it would cover the majority of the die-cut image.  

I then had the bright idea to use the "packing tape" technique and in the "open" space with adhesive, burnished glitter into the piece...so I have a "starry sky" background...or at least that's what I was going for.  

Everything else went according the card in the catalog.  Overall, I was very, very pleased with this card. Do you agree?

Measurements on this card were pretty simple:

A2 cardbase: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4"
Soft Seafoam: 4" x 5 1/4"; scraps for die-cuts
Gold Specialty Paper: scraps for die-cutting
Crumb Cake: scrap for sentiment


Head on over to my YouTube channel to see exactly how I created these cards...mistakes and all.  Although, in cardmaking, there are no mistakes...only opportunities to achieve greater creativity.  


Don't forget to sign up for
BINGO night on 11/5/2022 at 7pm CST. This is a Zoom event so registration is required to ensure that you receive the link. With the $25 registration fee, you'll receive 2 make n' take kits (adhesives not included); a goodie bag just for reserving your spot; 2 rounds of BINGO, and an opportunity to win prizes (Stamp sets, embossing folders, dies, paper...etc).  Registrations after 10/31 are not guaranteed to receive their packages prior to BINGO night.

Make and takes will feature the Cottage Rose Bundle and the Peaceful Deer Set.  


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside Shapes - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

  Hello everyone, and welcome back! It's the third Saturday of the month...time for another Blog Hop!  Thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators worldwide who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from  Mickey Moore - "2 Moore Stampers's " blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Our theme this month is all about shapes...circles, squares, rectangles, animal shapes...whatever that means to you.  I chose to use a hexagon shape for my quick and easy project.  I hope you enjoy this card and that you will try to make one or two for yourselve

So Very Merry - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome back... and thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators, from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Kelly Taranto - "The Late Night Stamper's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! On July 6, Stampin' Up! released the newest round of Online Exclusive products. What are Online Exclusives you may ask? These are a category of products you will not be able to find in any Stampin' Up! catalog...and let me tell you, sometimes, these products are snapped up within day...(wink, wink.

Timeless Charm - A Stampin' With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome to July...the month of Independence Day, Bastille Day, and my birth month... and thank you for joining us!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Diane Evans - Stampin with Diane's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Today, we are sharing projects that are all about colors.  Our projects must use colors from the 2023 - 2025 In Colors ™, the new Core Colors, or both.  These are the colors that I'm including in today's project. Pebbled Path Boho Blue Lemon