Skip to main content

Stamping with Friends - Lucky Clover Pop Up Card




Hello, everyone, welcome to February...the month of love...
and thank you for joining us!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the world who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over from Diane Evans (Canada) Stamping with Diane's blog. I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it just as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today!



credit: Simply Simple Stamping
I take inspiration for today's project from my upline, Connie Stewart at
@SimplySimpleStamping.  I loved how "simple" it was to create the "pop-up" mechanism.  


Measurements:

Base: 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 5 1/2"
Shimmery White: 4" x 5 1/4" 
Basic Black - 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Basic white: scrap for image and sentiment


Mechanism:
DSP (Vertical) 3 7/8" x 10 1/2", scored at 5 1/4"

I used the largest shamrock stamp to create the main image on the Shimmery White panel. I first stamped full strength in Parakeet Party, followed by Garden Green, and lastly Shaded Spruce. 
I then used the stampin' spritzer (water) to add some water and allow the colors to run and blend a little. To save time, I used the heat tool to dry the panel.  I then used the mister with a combination of water and Soft Succulent Ink refill to add a little extra color to break up the whiteness of the shimmery cardstock.

Gnome image: 
- I stamped and colored the gnome image with the same greens used on the shamrock.
-On a piece of basic white cardstock, I ink-blended Parakeet Party (center) and Garden Green (outer edges) in a circle and stamped the sentiment.
-Adhere the gnome image on the previous panel with dimensional and then fussy cut the entire piece to create a single piece.

On to the inside:
Adhere the pop-up panel to the inside of the card. I then stamped and punched two shamrocks. To color the shamrocks, I applied Parakeet Party to the entire image, and then using the Stampin' Write markers, I added some shading on the outer edges.
-Stamp the sentiment and mat it with Basic Black and add it, centered on the pop-up mechanism. Note: only add adhesive to the pop-up mechanism to avoid adding adhesive where it doesn't belong.
-Mat the 3" square Basic White to the coordinating Basic Black 3 1/4" square. Add it to the card

  • When making the mechanism, ensure to start on the short "open" sides (1). Align the edge with the 3/4" mark; align the blade at the 1" mark. Slide the blade up.  Flip the paper over and repeat.
  • Turn the paper s that the "long" side is at the top (2). Align the edge to the 1" mark. Now score between the 2 cut lines

  • To center the Pop-Up, cut the Pop-Up Inserts the same measurement on each side (i.e. ¾” to 1 ¼”) and always cut down 1″ – score in-between the cuts.
  • If you want the image to sit higher or lower on your card, you can adjust the side-to-side measurement to fit your pop image.




Product List
Lucky Clover Bundle (English)
$36.00
Friendly Gnomes Photopolymer Stamp Set (English)
$24.00
Shimmery White 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$10.00
Garden Green 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$9.25
Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$9.25
Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$10.25
Flowers & More 12" X 12" (30.5 X 30.5 Cm) Host Designer Series Paper
$18.00
Garden Green Classic Stampin' Pad
$8.00
Parakeet Party Classic Stampin' Pad
$8.00
Shaded Spruce Classic Stampin' Pad
$8.00
Soft Sea Foam Classic Stampin' Ink Refill
$4.00
Paper Trimmer
$25.00
Bone Folder
$7.00
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
$6.00
Stampin' Dimensionals
$4.25
Foam Adhesive Sheets
$8.00
Take Your Pick
$10.00
Paper Snips
$11.00

Take a look at what's happening at Sweets Stampin Creations this month.

SALE_A_BRATION
We are into the second and last month of Sale-A-Bration and Stampin' Up! has added some new products to the list, so make sure to check your list to make sure that you have everything that you wanted.

To that end, the Sale-a-Bration join special expires then too...you don't want to miss out on getting $175 USD of products for only $129 USD PLUS FREE shipping.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside Shapes - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

  Hello everyone, and welcome back! It's the third Saturday of the month...time for another Blog Hop!  Thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators worldwide who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from  Mickey Moore - "2 Moore Stampers's " blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Our theme this month is all about shapes...circles, squares, rectangles, animal shapes...whatever that means to you.  I chose to use a hexagon shape for my quick and easy project.  I hope you enjoy this card and that you will try to make one or two for yourselve

So Very Merry - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome back... and thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators, from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Kelly Taranto - "The Late Night Stamper's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! On July 6, Stampin' Up! released the newest round of Online Exclusive products. What are Online Exclusives you may ask? These are a category of products you will not be able to find in any Stampin' Up! catalog...and let me tell you, sometimes, these products are snapped up within day...(wink, wink.

Die-Bossing with Two Tone Flora

Hello, everyone, and welcome to May...the month of Mother's Day and Memorial Day... and thank you for joining us!   If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the world (Canada, UK, and USA) who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from Lorraine Tierney of ChatnCraft with Lorraine's blog.  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it just as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! For this hop, we are focusing on a technique...creating embossed panels with dies--thinlets or framelits. This is the first time I've tackled this particular technique...not sure why...but for sure I'll be incorporating it more in my bag of tricks.  I decided to make a ver