Skip to main content

June Sketch and Color Inspiration

Hey, stampers!  Check out this month's creative inspiration.  Don't forget to share what you've created with me. Happy Stamping!

Creative Inspiration with a Sketch

Here's this month's sketch:
And here's the project it inspired:

Say "hello" to a friend with this bright card featuring artistic loose watercolor floral stamped elements.

Two round flowers from the Artistically Inked Cling Stamp Set were stamped on Basic White Cardstock using Berry Burst Classic Ink, and one double leaf element was stamped on Basic White in Shaded Spruce. The stamped elements were cut out using the coordinating Artistic Dies. The "hello" sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped in Berry Burst to the left-hand side of a Basic White circle cut using the 2⅜" Circle Punch. One of the stamped flower elements was adhered directly to the lower right-hand side of the circle. The leaf element was attached to the back of the other flower, and the two combined and then layered over the other flower using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Three horizontal strips of Smoky Slate cardstock were added to a Berry Burst Cardstock portrait layer, and the circle focal element was attached centrally over the strips using Stampin' Dimensionals. Next, adhere the whole panel w to a Basic White Cardstock base.
 
Shop my top product picks for this project:

Creative Inspiration with a Color Combination

Here's this month's color combination:
And here's the project it inspired:
This bright floral card makes the most of "stamping off" to feature multiple tones of the same color using one ink pad.

The solid floral image from the Color & Contour Photopolymer Stamp Set was stamped randomly onto a Basic White Cardstock layer using Petal Pink Classic Ink, having been first "stamped off" on grid paper. The outline floral image was then stamped over the top of each flower, again with Petal Pink but this time at full strength (without stamping off first). This was repeated with the same stamp combination and Flirty Flamingo Classic Ink.

The sentiment, from the Charming Sentiments Photopolymer Stamp Set, was stamped using Misty Moonlight Classic Ink on Basic White Cardstock and was then cut out using the coordinating die from the Sentiment Silhouettes Dies.

A ⅜" strip of Misty Moonlight Cardstock was adhered to the floral stamped panel, just below the halfway point. White twine, from the Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, was wrapped around the panel on top of the Misty Moonlight strip. The die-cut sentiment was attached over the top of the twine using Stampin' Dimensionals. The whole panel was mounted onto a Misty Moonlight Cardstock mat and layered onto a Basic White card base.
 
Shop my top product picks for this project:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside Shapes - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

  Hello everyone, and welcome back! It's the third Saturday of the month...time for another Blog Hop!  Thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators worldwide who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from  Mickey Moore - "2 Moore Stampers's " blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Our theme this month is all about shapes...circles, squares, rectangles, animal shapes...whatever that means to you.  I chose to use a hexagon shape for my quick and easy project.  I hope you enjoy this card and that you will try to make one or two for yourselve

So Very Merry - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome back... and thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators, from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Kelly Taranto - "The Late Night Stamper's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! On July 6, Stampin' Up! released the newest round of Online Exclusive products. What are Online Exclusives you may ask? These are a category of products you will not be able to find in any Stampin' Up! catalog...and let me tell you, sometimes, these products are snapped up within day...(wink, wink.

Timeless Charm - A Stampin' With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome to July...the month of Independence Day, Bastille Day, and my birth month... and thank you for joining us!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Diane Evans - Stampin with Diane's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Today, we are sharing projects that are all about colors.  Our projects must use colors from the 2023 - 2025 In Colors ™, the new Core Colors, or both.  These are the colors that I'm including in today's project. Pebbled Path Boho Blue Lemon