Skip to main content

Oh How I Love the "Blues"

 

Hello, Stampers!  It's time for another Stamping with Friends blog hop. For those of you who are unfamiliar, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators who share our love of card making with you through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over from Rachel Merrick's blog.  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her.  If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what the other hoppers have prepared for you today!

This month, the theme is to create a monochromatic card in your favorite color palette. Wikipedia defines monochromatic as "Monochromatic colors are all the colors of a single hue. Monochromatic color schemes are derived from a single base hue and extended using its shades, tones, and tints. Tints are achieved by adding white and shades and tones are achieved by adding a darker color, grey or black". 

My favorite colors are blues and purples (royals) but...having to pick one, I went with the color blue.  I chose to use three (3) Stampin' Up! Blues--Pacific Point as the focal blue and Blueberry Bushel, and Night of Navy for accents.

I also decided upon a simple gatefold for my card.  On a piece of Basic White cardstock I stamped the image along the right side to create a floral border.  I then stamped the same image: tone-on-tone on the flap. On a smaller piece of Basic White, I stamped the image, then layered that image first on Pacific Point with dimensionals and then that piece on Night of Navy with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (you can use the adhesive of your choice).  Ensuring not to glue my card shut, I added liquid glue to about half of the square panel then adhered that to the flap approximately at mid-point.
Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy, heat emboss it multiple times, then fussy cut it out...I've been doing this a lot lately with my sentiments (I'm just loving the effect)

Add this fussy cut sentiment onto a piece of Night of Navy cardstock and fussy cut it too.  Add dimensionals then mount it on the square panel.  Add jewels and there you have it! Oh, and don't forget to decorate your envelope for good measure.  
Here are the products I used to create this card.  Click on each of the links to shop on my website or add the add all to cart to add it all.  If you do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd love for you to choose me.  Also, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and don't forget to follow my blog.  



We are into the 2nd and final month of Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-bration! Have you gotten all the Freebies you wanted? With every $50 purchase--pretax and shipping--you get to select an item from the Sale-a-bration catalog!  

Sneak peak of another early release product from the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog...the Waves of the Ocean Collection.  Check this out...As a demonstrator, we are able to pre-order, and wouldn't you know it...mine is on the way...can't wait to play with it...the Designer Series paper has me salivating!  Y'all only the stamp and die (separately or as a bundle) will be in the Annual catalog, so if you like the DSP and the foil and the gems you'll have to stock up when they are available for purchase next month...I know I will! Click on the picture for a video about the collection.  

Can't wait and want to get this collection now! Join my team for $99 become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and add it as part of your $125USD in product.  Contact me directly or through the website to connect with me.





Comments

  1. Love your for choice. The Blues just pop this card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna...Pacific Point and Blueberry Bushel are two of my FAVs...XOXO

      Delete
  2. Love your card! The shades of blue are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Caron, love the cool blues with this pretty stamp set x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your choice of blues. Very pretty. 26.26 for puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You card is fabulous! The white against the blues really pops the stamp designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and vibrant. Love your card design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside Shapes - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

  Hello everyone, and welcome back! It's the third Saturday of the month...time for another Blog Hop!  Thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators worldwide who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from  Mickey Moore - "2 Moore Stampers's " blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Our theme this month is all about shapes...circles, squares, rectangles, animal shapes...whatever that means to you.  I chose to use a hexagon shape for my quick and easy project.  I hope you enjoy this card and that you will try to make one or two for yourselve

So Very Merry - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome back... and thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators, from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Kelly Taranto - "The Late Night Stamper's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! On July 6, Stampin' Up! released the newest round of Online Exclusive products. What are Online Exclusives you may ask? These are a category of products you will not be able to find in any Stampin' Up! catalog...and let me tell you, sometimes, these products are snapped up within day...(wink, wink.

Die-Bossing with Two Tone Flora

Hello, everyone, and welcome to May...the month of Mother's Day and Memorial Day... and thank you for joining us!   If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the world (Canada, UK, and USA) who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from Lorraine Tierney of ChatnCraft with Lorraine's blog.  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it just as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! For this hop, we are focusing on a technique...creating embossed panels with dies--thinlets or framelits. This is the first time I've tackled this particular technique...not sure why...but for sure I'll be incorporating it more in my bag of tricks.  I decided to make a ver