Skip to main content

He's All That and Here's a Brew(ed) for You Too

 



Hi, Stamping Friends, and Hello June! Welcome and thank you for joining me for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators who share our love of card making with you through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over from Candi Suriano of Stamp with Candi's blog.  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it just as much as I will.  If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! 

I just got back from a visit with my family in St. Thomas, USVI for nine glorious days but I'm totally going through withdrawals because I forgot my project kits right on the kitchen counter...go figure! But this was a good thing! It meant I got to be present and in the moments with family...amazing!  This hop was right on time so that I could get my much-needed stamp fix.  Moving on...

The theme for today's hop is "Masculine". I can't speak for anyone else, but making masculine cards can be a little tricky...my natural tendancy is to add bling to everything, maybe brighter colors...you know that kind of thing. So I relish the opportunity to test myself...be sure to tell me how I did.

So my creative process involved color selection; stamp set/bundle selection and then technique or fold.  For color selection, I turned to SplitCoastStampers  and though CC895 fit the masculine theme perfectly.  Soft Seafoam, Garden Green, and Soft Suede....ok that taken care of...on to Stamp Set.
In the current annual catalog, there are 2 "masculine-specific" sets that I chose to work with: He's All That (suite) and Brewed for You! I used the Brewed for you to create the hand-stamped background paper and the beer stein and the DSP and sentiments from the He's All That Suite.  Lastly, I decided on going with a fancy-fold that I'd recently seen and couldn't wait to play with.  

I settled on a double gatefold card because I wanted to incorporate Designer Series paper, give the recipient of this card a "surprise" when they opened it and thought a gatefold would do just that.


I hope you enjoy it and will take a moment to create your own card(s) using either the color palette or the fold or better yet, both.

Measurements:

Base: 5 1/2" x 11"
Designer Series Paper: 
  (2) 1" x 5 1/4"
  *(2) 1 7/8" x 5 1/4" (I chose to create my own DSP but you can use a piece from the DSP pack)
Mat Layers:
  DSP (2) 1 1/8" x 5 3/8"
  *(2) 2" x 5 3/8" (Optional)
Belly Band: 1/12" x 9 1/2"
  
Here are the products I used to create this card.

If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator I would love to be yours!  If you don’t have a catalog and live in the US, please let me know and I will be delighted to send you one.  To order any supplies click on the “shop online” button on the right side of the page on either the current catalog or the Jan - Jun mini catalog image.

Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you. To join my team either click on the link on the right panel "Join My Team" or click on the contact me button above and I will contact you with more information.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside Shapes - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

  Hello everyone, and welcome back! It's the third Saturday of the month...time for another Blog Hop!  Thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators worldwide who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from  Mickey Moore - "2 Moore Stampers's " blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Our theme this month is all about shapes...circles, squares, rectangles, animal shapes...whatever that means to you.  I chose to use a hexagon shape for my quick and easy project.  I hope you enjoy this card and that you will try to make one or two for yourselve

So Very Merry - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome back... and thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators, from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Kelly Taranto - "The Late Night Stamper's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! On July 6, Stampin' Up! released the newest round of Online Exclusive products. What are Online Exclusives you may ask? These are a category of products you will not be able to find in any Stampin' Up! catalog...and let me tell you, sometimes, these products are snapped up within day...(wink, wink.

Die-Bossing with Two Tone Flora

Hello, everyone, and welcome to May...the month of Mother's Day and Memorial Day... and thank you for joining us!   If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the world (Canada, UK, and USA) who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from Lorraine Tierney of ChatnCraft with Lorraine's blog.  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it just as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! For this hop, we are focusing on a technique...creating embossed panels with dies--thinlets or framelits. This is the first time I've tackled this particular technique...not sure why...but for sure I'll be incorporating it more in my bag of tricks.  I decided to make a ver