Skip to main content

May 2023 Sketch and Color Inspiration

 

Creative Inspiration with a Sketch

We can all use a little inspiration every now and again. When that happens, I seek out templates/layouts or sketches that inspire me.

Here's this month's sketch:
And here's the project it inspired:
The simple sentiment on this card means it can be used for so many different occasions. It uses Copper Clay, one of the colors in our new 2023-25 In Color™ Collection, but it could easily be made with any of our In Colors.

Using the 2 ⅜" Circle Punch, two semicircles were cut from the top and bottom of a Copper Clay Cardstock layer. A Copper Clay patterned paper strip, cut from a sheet of Designer Series Paper from the In Color 6" x 6" DSP pack, was adhered across the center of the cardstock layer. This panel was then attached to the Basic White Cardstock base using Stampin' Dimensionals. A circle was cut from the same DSP sheet using the 2" Circle Punch and cut in half. Each half was adhered directly to the Basic White Cardstock, filling the gaps left by the semicircle apertures in the Copper Clay layer, using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. For the sentiment, a circle was cut from Basic White Cardstock using the 2 ⅜" punch. The sentiment was an assembly of three separate stamps from the Circle Sayings Photopolymer Stamp set, arranged on a Clear Block before being stamped onto the Basic White circle in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. The circle was then added to the center of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Shop my top product picks for this project:
Don’t forget you can bundle and save! Purchase the Circle Sayings Bundle and save 10%.

When you create using this sketch, share it with me in my Facebook group, Sweets Signature Stampers. I'd love to see what you make.

Happy Stamping!

Boho Blue Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine

If you missed your chance to get the Boho Blue Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine during this year's Sale-a-Bration, I have great news for you - it's now available to purchase online ($63).
This limited edition machine is only available while supplies last, so place your order early to avoid disappointment!

May's Paper Pumpkin™

May's Exploring In Color Paper Pumpkin kit is all about the great outdoors, and will also feature the new 2023–2025 In Color™ Collection.

You’ll receive everything you need to make 9 cards (3 each of 3 designs) measuring 4¼" x 5½", and 9 coordinating envelopes. Twine and die cut accents are included, along with a 7-piece all-occasion stamp set that celebrates good friends and great adventures. A Copper Clay (one of our new 2023-25 In Colors) Classic Stampin' Spot is also in your kit, and other coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors are Boho Blue, Daffodil Delight, Moody Mauve, Mossy Meadow, Pebbled Path, and Wild Wheat.

This kit also includes exclusive FREE stickers. Use them on your projects, or anywhere else you want - water bottles, laptops, coolers, and beyond!

Take your crafting even further with the Explore in Color Cards & Envelopes add-on which includes 18 cards (6 each of 3 designs) sized 4¼" x 5½" (10.8 x 14 cm) and 18 coordinating envelopes. This add-on is only available to current Paper Pumpkin subscribers and is offered while supplies last.
 

Pick up a prepaid subscription (1, 3, 6, or 12 months) from my online store, or set up a monthly subscription. To receive the May kit, you must subscribe or activate your prepaid code before 10 May.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside Shapes - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

  Hello everyone, and welcome back! It's the third Saturday of the month...time for another Blog Hop!  Thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators worldwide who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from  Mickey Moore - "2 Moore Stampers's " blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Our theme this month is all about shapes...circles, squares, rectangles, animal shapes...whatever that means to you.  I chose to use a hexagon shape for my quick and easy project.  I hope you enjoy this card and that you will try to make one or two for yourselve

So Very Merry - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome back... and thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators, from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Kelly Taranto - "The Late Night Stamper's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! On July 6, Stampin' Up! released the newest round of Online Exclusive products. What are Online Exclusives you may ask? These are a category of products you will not be able to find in any Stampin' Up! catalog...and let me tell you, sometimes, these products are snapped up within day...(wink, wink.

Timeless Charm - A Stampin' With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome to July...the month of Independence Day, Bastille Day, and my birth month... and thank you for joining us!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Diane Evans - Stampin with Diane's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Today, we are sharing projects that are all about colors.  Our projects must use colors from the 2023 - 2025 In Colors ™, the new Core Colors, or both.  These are the colors that I'm including in today's project. Pebbled Path Boho Blue Lemon