Skip to main content

Re"Purpose"ful Stamping

A group of crafters who I lovingly call the Sweets' Sunday Stampers gather every week via Zoom to craft and socialize while we craft. Mostly we create cards, but we have some jewelry makers and yet still others who use the sewing machine or crochet/knitting needles.  Every so often, we decide to do a card swap, totally voluntary of course, within the group. So it made sense for me to show off how much talent there is in our little band.  

Including me, there were four other swappers, current Stampin' Up! demonstrators: Sharon Coleman, Kathy Ervin, Michelle Hollins, and Cheryl Robinson.  The theme for this month was to choose an item in the newly retired July to December 2021 Mini Catalog and create a card opposite its intended purpose.  For example, a stamp set/bundle/suite that was clearly "Christmas", make a non-Christmas card etc. We wanted to reinforce with you the idea to 1) use what you have and 2) that any stamp you have on hand/available you can use it to create something totally different/unexpected.  

Now, let me show you what they created...

Kathy Ervin

Kathy used the Penguin Party Bundle and the Better Places Hostess set from the Annual Catalog...makes me want to pull out my Better Places set and have a little play at it.  If you'd like to see more of Kathy's work, check out her blog.  

Sharon Coleman
Sharon Coleman chose to use the Sweet Little Stockings Bundle.  Even though it's retired, I think this set is perfect.  So many people I know include their pets as valued members of their family and this set goes a long way towards recognizing that relationship.

Cheryl Robinson
Next up is this awesome creation from Cheryl Robinson.  Cheryl chose the Words of Cheer Bundle.  In addition to the choice of words, she chose to focus on birthday and used colors to take away the "Christmas" feel of the flowers


Michelle Hollins

Michelle chose to create her card with the Sparkle of the Season and highlight the embossing folder and DSP. I love the simplicity and elegance of her card.  Check out more of Michelle's talent on her blog.


...and lastly, the card I made.  I too chose the Words of Cheer Bundle and the Basic Borders Dies...but, I promise...Cheryl and I didn't collaborate and you can see by the colors and DSP we chose.

Just as a reminder, the All Together Collection becomes available today, February 1! The collection includes early-release products from the 2022–2023 Annual Catalog—an exciting new range of natural Stampin’ Blends—and exclusive products you can’t get anywhere else! 6" x 6" DSP, coordinating Stamp (Here Together) and Die (Here For You) bundle. Only the individual Stampin’ Blends Packs will be offered in the upcoming 2022–2023 Annual Catalog.  If there's something you'd like to have in your arsenal, don't delay...items are while supplies last.


We are one month into the Sale-a-bration catalog period.  Are you enjoying it? What is/are your favorite item(s)? Leave me a comment to let me know. 

Happy Stampin'!



Comments

  1. Fun, fun, fun puzzle; 29.43 for me. Can't wait for the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countryside Shapes - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

  Hello everyone, and welcome back! It's the third Saturday of the month...time for another Blog Hop!  Thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators worldwide who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from  Mickey Moore - "2 Moore Stampers's " blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! Our theme this month is all about shapes...circles, squares, rectangles, animal shapes...whatever that means to you.  I chose to use a hexagon shape for my quick and easy project.  I hope you enjoy this card and that you will try to make one or two for yourselve

So Very Merry - A Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

Hello everyone, and welcome back... and thank you for joining us for another Stamping with Friends Blog Hop!  If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators, from all over the world, who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, then you'll have just popped over  from  Kelly Taranto - "The Late Night Stamper's  blog .  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! On July 6, Stampin' Up! released the newest round of Online Exclusive products. What are Online Exclusives you may ask? These are a category of products you will not be able to find in any Stampin' Up! catalog...and let me tell you, sometimes, these products are snapped up within day...(wink, wink.

Die-Bossing with Two Tone Flora

Hello, everyone, and welcome to May...the month of Mother's Day and Memorial Day... and thank you for joining us!   If you are new to my blog, Stamping with Friends is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the world (Canada, UK, and USA) who share our love of card-making through monthly blog hops with various themes. If you are following the hop, you'll have just popped over  from Lorraine Tierney of ChatnCraft with Lorraine's blog.  I hope you took a minute to leave a comment for her as I'm sure she'll appreciate it just as much as I will. If you are starting the hop with me, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy what I and the other hoppers have prepared for you today! For this hop, we are focusing on a technique...creating embossed panels with dies--thinlets or framelits. This is the first time I've tackled this particular technique...not sure why...but for sure I'll be incorporating it more in my bag of tricks.  I decided to make a ver